Wednesday 21 September 2011

Filey and Bempton, 16 September 2011

Filey had been recommended to me by Marcus Conway and as I was staying near Bempton, just along the coast I decided to try it after leaving Blacktoft Sands. The light was very poor but there were plenty of birds on the beach and I quickly located a smal flock of Knot which I have not often photographed. I spent quite trying to photograph these as the tide was coming in. Also found a young gannet that appeared to be hiding from the sea behind some rocks, presumbaly unsettled by the recent storms.

Walked to the Brigg but by now the tide was coming in quickly and waves were crashing over it so I backtracked and headed to Bempton RSPB reserve. Still plenty of Gannets on the cliffs and a pair of Peregrines passed by (to quickly to photograph). As the light faded I headed to my B&B reasonably satisfied particularly considering the weather.







No comments:

Post a Comment